OVER 5500+ REVIEWS ON AMAZON
5 Natural Ways to Boost Your Libido
Sex is fun, feels great, and has a ton of health benefits, but what happens when your sex drive isn’t up to par? Today we’ve rounded up 5 of our favorite libido-boosters. These are natural, healthy ways to get your love life back on track. Take a look and let us know if you give any of these a try!
- Think about it. Letting yourself daydream about sex can be a great way to get more excited about sex, and to get more creative in the bedroom. To learn more, visit our in-depth blog post about why you should be thinking about sex.
- Get rid of stress. It’s easier said than done, we know, but finding ways to lower your stress levels is key. Stress increases cortisol, which suppresses your sex hormones and lowers your libido. No bueno.
- Drop the birth control. About 15% of women who are on the pill report having a lower sex drive than before they started. It’s certainly a mixed bag, as there are lots of factors affecting sex drive, but if you’ve noticed a decrease in desire, you may want to talk to your doctor. By all means, find a birth control method that works for you, but going pill-free might help. Keep in mind that birth control can also affect your ability to self-lubricate, so add lube to your routine, if needed.
- Exercise. Your sexual function is affected by your overall health, and regular exercise has been shown to increase the frequency of sexual activity, orgasms, and lead to greater satisfaction. It has also lead to improved erectile function in men. Overall, exercise can make you feel better in your own skin, leading to more pleasure in the bedroom.
- Eat right. Not only can certain foods increase your libido, eating a balanced diet paves the way for a healthier body. On the flip side, overindulging in unhealthy fare can drag you down. Carrying around too much extra weight can kill your sex drive, and the trans fats found in fried food can lower your libido. In addition, clogged arteries can decrease your sexual function. Stick to a healthy, whole foods-based diet for the best rewards.
Do you have any other favorite libido-boosters?